Delayed in Plymouth

Ailsa at Sea
Richard Kennedy
Sun 3 Jun 2012 08:28

Well........There was me already in my oilskins and lifejacket, with a stern spring set (so that we didn’t bash into the boat behind when we attempted to leave the berth) and Richard came back from the skipper’s meeting to say that the Rally start has been delayed due to strong winds from the wrong direction !! Up to Force 7 from the South West. At the moment it is likely that the rally will depart tomorrow and go as far as Falmouth but we have decided to set off at Midnight tonight to catch the tide through the Chanel du Four and arrive in Cameret tomorrow evening. As I have been writing this, several other boat crews have popped by to say they are going to be doing similar things to us, so it looks like we will not be alone flying the Portugal Rally flag in Cameret.

Richard is in the Galley sorting himself out some food but I have told him he is not allowed a bacon butty yet as he has not done enough sailing to justify it and will have to wait until tomorrow morning when hopefully he will have earned it. My next job is to try and persuade him to have a trip on the Cremyll ferry today !!!

Love to all. Shelley