Departed Gloucester Island through the pass heading
for wither Hayman Island or the Barrier Reef, depending how the weather holds.
Half way across Whitsunday passage realized we would not reach the reef before
dark so decided on Butterfly Bay for a stop and early rise in the
Sailing against a 2.5 to 3 knot current all the
way. Rounded the north of Hayman Island and arrived Butterfly Bay at dusk to
find rollers coming in the bay and all moorings taken by charter boats. Pulled
down the sails and continued to Stonehaven as it would definitely be calm and is
normally quiet. We arrived in the dark, having come through the cut. The bay was
completely full of boats, amazing. Anchored by about 19:00, a beer, shower and a
major loss at dominoes ensued.
Decided against going to the reef, the weather will
not hold past Saturday morning which would be too much of a rush. To Manta Ray
Bay and then on to Tongue Bay for an anchorage tonight.
And that is us up to date. I will post some photos
in the next day or so.