We declared Sunday a rest day, and we wanted to visit the fish restaraunt again any way ! Horrible weather , so a few jobs on the boat, an invigorating but short walk in the rain and wind, and a lot of reading. Then another great fish feast, on what turned out to be Swedish mothers day, but they found us a space on the basis that we had stayed soley to eat at their restaraunt again .....
Skanor is a pretty harbour, and the weather did relent from time to time , as you can see from the attached pics.
Monday dawned wi8th the same awful weather and strong winds. Near gale warnings from the Swedish met office, so another day in port, wioth not much to report. We did however use this stay to erect the cockpit tent....basically a caravan awning for boats. Helen and I had put this up in Neustadt to check all the bits were there, but I thought it would be a good idea to try and put it up in really bad conditions, which are precisely the conditions in which you need the tent, to make some more room for wet gear and generally give some more room if you are stuck in port in bad weather.
The astute reader will have detected something of a Catch 22 here ; nice still dry weather = easy to put tent up, wind and rain and a real need for the tent = scope fior excitement. The real question is whether you get so much more wet putting the thing up that it counteracts its subsequent benefit. However, I can report that we put it up in 7 minutes ( as timed by Paul, who seemed to find important adjustments to make inside the tent at the earliest opportunity!). We felt that waqs not a bad performance for the second attempt, and I think we have that process cracked. Once up it was very useful, for the wet gear.
The forecast was for much improved weather on Tuesday, so we resolved to continue the journey the next day.