Of some concern!
Mon 17 Apr 2017 22:18
> Another very wet day in paradise almost like the wet bank holidays in UK but much hotter!
> So it was working inside for David today; he sorted out the chart folio in preparation for the trip and Eddy is bringing the one missing chart of the Azores in case they visit the islands. He also restowed the main saloon area and put paper labels over lockers and bunk storage spaces showing the contents. So hopefully it will be easy to find items when the crew are tired.
> David's biggest concern at the moment is the port side keel joint which he resealed over two weeks ago but which has still not fully cured. David used Sikaflex 292 on the port keel and 3m 5200 sealant on the starboard keel joint. Both sealants cure using moisture in the air and the 3m product takes 7 to 9 days depending on thickness of joint. But the Sikaflex 292 takes much longer and the manufactures state 12 days in warm conditions for 12 mm joint thicknesses. I've got twice that at the front end of the keels! It's now been 17 days since sealing these joints and the 5200 one is fine and has been primed and anti fouled. But the Sikaflex side is still tacky and any primer applied fails to dry. I cannot put the boat back in the water until this seal has cured 100%. So fingers crossed it will finally cure this week so I can finish the anti fouling and launch the boat next week.
> PS I also made up the emergency grab bag today containing a gps chart plotter, a hand held vhf radio, a PLB, iron rations, boiled sweets,, water, whistle, knife, signal mirror, hand held Katadyn water maker, wind up torch and survival suits.
> Sent from my iPad