Two Days in Martinique
Dubbel Zout at Sea
Sun 19 Feb 2023 01:03
Our short stay in Martinique was a study in contrasts:
- 10km on foot
- Concrete jungle
- No internet in marina (a necessary tool when planning a voyage!)
- Friendly marina staff
- Good provisioning at carrefour express across the street
- Part of the point when traveling is learning how to adapt. ;-)
- Call a taxi!
- Wifi at local cafe!
- The French flag atop the old fort is an impressive sight.
- Buy courtesy flags and a new winch handle at the local marine store, which seems to have one of everything.
- Visit the phenomenal botanical garden in the hills above Fort de France, Jardin de Balata.
- Get a ride with locals when there aren’t any taxis to take you home from the botanical garden!
- Walk past the anchorage just as ARC friends have sailed in from St Lucia & have dinner with them!