Sorry for the delay of the next rivetting
installment, the last day or so have been pretty hectic believe it or not, with
what I suspect will be the key decision of race happening or happened in the
last 24 hours.
Presently, we are still on starboard, way south
than we would have ideally liked awaiting the shift to get back on to port with
enough west in our course to punch through the really challengin trough of low
pressure and very little wind which has developped in the middle of the
Looking at the GRIB files we seem (fingers crossed)
ideally poised to get through quicker and more easily than most of the
We eageryly anticipate the positions which should
be availale to us very shortly, from 1200 today, to see if the boats further
North have had the sh*fting we would have expected from the weather
systems. Generally, we have had oustanding breeze for the last 24 hours (more
than forecast) and think we should have doen OK.
Time will tell.
Curry on the menu tonight, which we are
looking forward to. The catering has been of a quality we only dreamed
would be possible so all of the meals have been well
recieved and looked forward to.
Breeze going right now which may be the que for the
gybe which could (everything crossed now) be the one that
brings us in home to St Lucia, Optimium route saying 8 dys at present but we are
going pretty slow in this light spell so if we punch through the trough and stay
ahead of it as light winds track westwards we could take a lot of
that. It really does depend on punching through and getting the pace
on west in the next 24 hours.
I am ready to be the hero or the villain fo the
sitution should the need arise! Keep it crossed, more banter messages to follow
once we are stetching our legs west on the chasing pack.