I was just boarding a plane at Bristol Airport yesterday at midday and I received a text from a fellow rower to say he´d just bumped into the race organiser from Woodvale in La Gomera and it was likely we wouldn´t
be starting until Sunday 3rd January. F*cking great I thought - sorry Mum if you´re reading this one! Anyhow, I spoke to Rich very quickly as he was flying on a separate flight from Gatwick and we decided still to come out as we needed to start preparing ourselves
Rich and I had been following the weather back in the UK and I thought Tuesday 29th would be unrealistic with a 6m swell pounding us towards Africa wouldn´t be ideal! However, the race organisers fail to communicate
with the teams before we travelled which really annoys me. We had the race briefing meeting this morning and it was confirmed that the race is being delayed again!
Anyhow, Rich and I are here now and we´ll make the most of it!
The preceding e-mail message (including any attachments)
contains information that may be confidential, may be protected
by the attorney-client or other applicable privileges, or may
constitute non-public information. It is intended to be conveyed
only to the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not
an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and then delete all copies of it
from your computer system. Any use, dissemination, distribution,
or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.