We've covered well over half way at noon
today--Monday--with around 200 miles to go. Wind is quite variable in strength
and direction--overnight it dropped at time to 7 knots and averaged less than 10
knots--but it perked up with the sunrise and we're now bowlingt along at 7 knots
in 15 knots of wind, wing on wing.
Wind has been broadly speaking behind us, but
varying by 30 degrees which necessitated a few gybes overnight and sometimes
wing on wing, sometimes not. Kept us on our toes, but we've kept sailing
and no resort to engine over the last 24 hours.
ETA Kupang is still early Wednesday--though if the
wind stayed as now we'd scrape in before dark tomorrow. But I don't think wind
will hold overnight, so we'll end up holding offshore until daybreak to gain the
coast--too many stories of bad charts, ynlit fishing boats, drifting nets,
floating fish cages neither marked nor lit--night entry would not be prudent
All well on board and enjoying the