Photos of the crossing
Richard and Janet
Sat 21 Feb 2015 18:39
1. Richard and George putting way points onto the chart plotter
2. George testing the first prototype of the stool
3. Janet had fun fishing for Sargasso weed with the boat hook
4. Derek bottling sea water to wash dishes
5. Derek and Richard swam one day when we were becalmed. Note Richard is holding Derek securely with a rope.
6. George with the two mahi mahi
7. Derek at the helm with the final version of the stool
8. Richard helming in his bathing suit to avoid getting wet clothes from the squalls
9. Photo from front showing the main sail and small genoa - how we sailed most of the way
10.Derek's lovely shot of the sunset, the spinnaker and Antigua in the distance.... at last!
11.Janet and Derek, very happy to have arrived safely!